If your Vizio smart tv not connecting to WiFi, you can’t stream your favorite shows and movies on Netflix or Amazon. In this article, we will give you the best 7 ways to fix your Vizio smart tv not connecting to WiFi issue.
why is my Vizio tv not connecting to wifi?
There are many reasons why your Vizio Smartcast TV is unable to link to your wireless network. It’s possible that you’re having issues with your network link. There could be a problem with your WiFi or your smart TV. It’s also possible that your TV and router are having connectivity issues.
There are a few possible causes for the TV’s inability to connect to the internet:
- Problems with the internet connection.
- Communication problems between the router and TV.
- There are issues with the Wi-Fi adapter on the TV.
- Conflicts with the router’s security settings.
If you also have an LG smart tv and facing the exact same issue, Read 10 Best Fixes For LG TV Not Connecting To WiFi Automatically.
7 Fixes For Vizio Smart TV Not Connecting To WiFi
Here are a few common fixes for Vizio Smart TV Not Connecting to WiFi Automatically:
- Check Your WiFi Connection
- Power Cycle Your Vizio Smart TV
- Enable DHCP on your Vizio Smart TV
- Change the router security settings
- Use a wired Ethernet connection with Vizio Smart TV
- Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
- Contact Vizio customer support
Let’s discuss each point briefly to fix why won’t Vizio tv connect to WiFi. You can also watch the video tutorial to fix why wont Vizio tv connect to WiFi.
1. Check Your WiFi Connection
Use another router on your network to access the internet. If it interacts, the television is the source of the problem. You must troubleshoot the Wi-Fi network if you are unable to connect on any system.
You can also test the connection by performing a speed test to see if you have a good internet connection. You can use Fast.com to test your internet speed.
2. Power Cycle Your Vizio Smart TV
- Switch off your Vizio Smart TV and unplug it.
- Even unplug your router and modem.
- Allow at least one minute to pass.
- Connect your Smartcast TV now.
- Carry out the same procedure for your router and modem.
- Switch on your TV and check if the error still persists.
3. Enable DHCP on your Vizio Smart TV
The DHCP protocol stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It is in charge of assigning an IP address to each device connected to the network, ensuring that each device has its own address.
- Click the Menu button on your remote.
- Go to the Network tab.
- Select Manual Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Choose DHCP.
- Check to see if it’s turned on. Toggle it to Disabled if it’s on, then enables again. Toggle it to Enabled if it’s currently disabled.
4. Change the router security settings
WPA-PSK [TKIP] encryption is recommended for Vizio TVs. To access the router settings, type the default gateway IP address into the URL bar of any web browser. Here is the common gateway IP address for your router brand.
If your internet service provider (ISP) provided the router, you can need to contact them to learn how to change the security settings.
You may also love to know: How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart Tv
5. Use a wired Ethernet connection with Vizio Smart TV
If the TV has an Ethernet connection, connect it directly to the router or modem with an Ethernet cable. If this resolves the problem, the TV’s wireless adapter may be defective. Check the adapter and change it if it is required.
6. Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
If none of the other options work, you can try factory or hard resetting your television. Keep in mind that a hard reset restores your television’s settings to their factory defaults.
- Click the Menu button on your remote.
- Select System.
- Go to Reset & Admin.
- To factory reset your Vizio tv, select Reset TV to Factory Settings.
7. Contact Vizio customer support
Vizio TVs come with unlimited technical support for the life of the product. For more details, call 1-888-849-4623 or visit the Vizio tech support website in the United States. You could be able to get your TV serviced or replaced if it’s still under warranty.
The simple solutions mentioned above should automatically fix your Vigio Smart tv not connecting to WiFi issue. The good news is that these fixes would not void your warranties in any way. If the problem continues, contact a licensed TV technician or check the Vigio website for any hardware failures or replacements that have been identified.