You can quickly add Grammarly to Outlook desktop app in addition to web browsers. You just need to install the Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Office to do that. This will encourage you to use Grammarly when writing Word documents or Outlook emails.
Here’s how to add Grammarly to Outlook account by using any Windows device. You may love to read: 12 Best Free Alternative to Grammarly
How to add Grammarly to Outlook Desktop App
- Open Grammarly web page for Outlook.
- Install Grammarly now. The software is going to download to your PC.
- During the installation process, choose whether to install it for both Word and Outlook, and then press “Install.”
- After a bit, the Grammarly add-in will be installed and ready for use.
- Open Outlook and press the Grammarly button that is now visible in the ribbon at the top of the page.
- To start using Grammarly, click the button and build an account or log in to your existing Grammarly account. You can start it from the ribbon after installing Grammarly.
Related Topic: 5 Best Methods to Insert Emoji in Outlook Email
How to use Grammarly in Outlook
After Grammarly has been built in Outlook, you can see the new Grammarly panel on the right side of the Outlook window when you write email messages.
Click “Open Grammarly” in the Home tab of the ribbon on the top of the window if you do not view the Grammarly page. You can also close the Grammarly pane by clicking “Close Grammarly” in the ribbon.
In the ribbon of Outlook, there is also a Grammarly tab. You can explore the tab on the ribbon, but you have to upgrade to Premium Grammarly (which costs $11.66 a month), for the advanced features.
As you work, at the very bottom of the Grammarly panel, you can see the total number of suggestions. There are two different suggestions: “basic issues,” available with a free Grammarly version, and “premium issues” which require upgrades to a paid grammar subscription.
The basic problems are primarily grammar, spelling, and punctuation. You get extra readability, vocabulary and writing reviews if you upgrade to the Premium subscription. Tap on “Premium issues” at the base of the panel for information on how to upgrade.
The suggested edits are also seen in the Grammarly window. These notes are designed to match the suggested improvements to the error in the e-mail message horizontally so that you see them side by side or less.
To review a suggestion, you can click on a highlighted problem in the email message or in the Grammarly panel, both of which are kept in sync and either of which has the same effect, either extend your recommendation to include more details in the Grammarly panel to give you choices:
- Click on the suggestion (highlighted in green) to make the change.
- Tap the Trash icon on the right to deny the suggestion and retain your original text.
- If it’s a spelling suggestion, you can right-click the Add to Dictionary icon to add a word to your custom Grammarly dictionary, so you won’t have to think about this suggestion again.
How to Add Grammarly to Outlook mail
Grammarly chrome extension for Outlook is an extension that includes all websites including Outlook Webmail. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add Grammarly to Outlook email:
- Download the Grammarly Chrome extension to Outlook.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” tab.
- You can check the Grammarly chrome extension applied to your device at the top right corner of your screen. You can switch on and off four key options available, which run accordingly, and also pick the English language (American, British, Canadian, Australian).
- Whenever you post an email on the New Message tab, Grammarly keeps an eye on it and results in you at the bottom of the screen.
- If you type an email address, click on the Grammarly logo at the bottom of the screen to open the comprehensive review report (as we have learned in the application version above).
- Starting from the top, you get a text score that reflects the standard of writing (maximum score 100).
- Next Fix spelling and grammar errors one by one.
- You can add it to the dictionary and delete the suggestion [refer: image].
- Finally, the emoji represents the Tone Detector, which can be verified in depth by clicking on it.
- Grammarly Premium options cost you $11.66/month to dig deeper and give you a professional touch.
- When you have corrected and corrected all the problems, your email will be ready for lunch. The free edition is a full package, too.
We still advise both readers and colleagues to install Grammarly and use the free edition. We still use Grammarly for outlook, which turns all the e-mails into professional contact.