If you are an Outlook user and don’t know how to add signature in Outlook email and from the Outlook web app, then this article is going to help you with 3 simple ways.
Email signatures are popular, especially in business email. These signatures typically contain information about the sender of the email, such as their name, location in the business, email address, and other details. If you like, you can use your signature in your Outlook emails as well.
Although we have a guide on how to add signature in Outlook email, the interfaces that enable you to do so have changed since then. This guide covers the most recent versions of Outlook for different platforms, allowing you to know how to add signature in Outlook web app.
How to Add Signature in Outlook Email for Windows
If you use Windows, Outlook is most likely your primary email client. It works incredibly well on this platform and allows you to manage multiple email accounts from a single app.
Adding a signature to Outlook for Windows is a simple process. You can also design unique signatures for each of your email accounts. Here are the steps:
- Start the Outlook program on your device.
- To open a menu, click the File tab in the upper-left corner of your computer.
- Click on Options from the left sidebar.
- To access your email settings, press Mail in the left sidebar on the following tab.
- Locate the Compose messages section on the right-hand side window. Within this section, there is a button called Signatures. To open it, click on it.
- On the following screen, click New to add a new signature to the app.
- It will prompt you to have a name for your signature. Do so, then press the OK button.
- Select your signature from the list, and you’ll be able to edit it in the box below right away.
Here, you can type your signature in plain text and then stylize it with the available formatting options. If you like, you can also include photos in your signature.
Select the email address for which you want to use your new signature in the Choose default signature section. If you want your signature to be added to each of your new emails, choose it from the New messages menu. You may also choose a signature to be used for email responses and forwards.
When you’re finished creating your signature, press OK.
You may also need: How To Set Up Out Of Office In Gmail
How To Add Signature In Outlook Email For Mac
You can add a signature in Outlook for Mac as well, but the option is in a different menu than it is in Windows. Aside from that, it essentially provides the same number of options and features for adding and formatting your signature in the app.
- In the Dock, go to Launchpad, check for Outlook, and open it.
- Pick Preferences from the Outlook menu at the end.
- On the following screen, in the Email section, click on Signatures. It will allow you to manage your email signatures.
- To add a new signature to Outlook for Mac, click the + (plus) sign in the Edit signature box.
- It will immediately open a new window in which you can type and format your signature. As you can see, there are many choices for customizing your signature.
- In the Choose default signature section, you can decide which email account the signature should be used in, whether it should be used for new emails, and whether it should be used in replies and forwards.
how to add signature in outlook web app
Unlike the desktop versions, Outlook for Web isn’t too cluttered with options, and it’s fairly simple to find the option to add your signature in the app. All you have to do is launch the app on the web, select an option, and you’re done.
- If you haven’t already, go to the Outlook web app and sign in to your account.
- Select the View all Outlook settings option by clicking on the settings icon in the upper-right corner.
- On the following screen, select Compose and choose a response from the options available.
- As soon as you do so, a wide white box will appear on the right-hand side window. This is where you can sign your name.
Type in your signature, format it with the available tools, select suitable options such as when to include it in your emails, and finally, press Save at the bottom.
How to Change Your Signature In Outlook Email
If some of the information in your signature changes, make sure your signature reflects this. Changing an Outlook signature for any platform is completely feasible, and you can do so as shown below.
- In Outlook for Windows, pick New Email, Signature, and then Signatures. You can then edit your signature by selecting it.
- In Outlook for Mac, navigate to Outlook > Preferences > Signatures, choose your signature, and then press Edit.
- Click the settings icon in the Outlook for Web edition, then select View all Outlook settings, then Compose and respond, and you can edit your signature.
That’s all for how to add signature in Outlook email. Include a signature in your Outlook emails and let us know if you face any problem.