If you want to know how to delete Instagram account without password, this article may help you with the process. It is absolutely possible to delete an Instagram account without a password or login information. You just have to know the correct way of doing that.
You can remove an Instagram account without a password even if you have forgotten your old Instagram account details and have also lost the mobile phone number that you used to create your Instagram account.
Instagram knows the possibility of users losing their usernames and that’s why it offered a lot of side-by-side support in such situations. In addition, Instagram account recovery elements are username, password, mobile phone number, and e-mail address.
These are the main items that Instagram uses to retrieve missing login information, but for some dating sites like Hinge, and Tinder, and some mailing companies like Gmail, and Yahoo, you might be asked to include your security query and address it.
However, if you don’t recall your Instagram password, your email address, and you’ve forgotten the phone number you used to create your account, there are still ways to access your account and then remove it, so we’ll show you below the easiest way on how to delete Instagram account without password.
How to Delete Instagram Account Without Password
Normally, you will need to log in first to delete your Instagram account. You can see how this is going to be a huge challenge if you can’t remember your password. Before you do anything else, I would recommend that you use all your old passwords (which you can remember) to see if one of them works. If that doesn’t work, I recommend that you try the Instagram account recovery page.
Just follow the following steps to delete your Instagram account without a password.
1. First Recover Your Instagram Login Password
Now, if you still have the mobile number that you used to build an account, you still have a chance of retrieving your password and then deleting your account, here’s what you’re going to do:
Accessing Instagram via phone number
- Open your browser and log in to www.instagram.com.
- Insert your old Instagram username and password. You don’t know the password now, just use the one you think it is.
- In the meantime, you will not be logged in because it is not the right password and username, but you will be prompted to retrieve your password, so click “Forgot Password” and click next to proceed.
- Enter the cell phone number you used to create your account.
- An SMS containing an account recovery code will be sent to you via SMS. Copy the code and paste it into the space given.
- Now go ahead and update your password and make sure you write it down.
Accessing Instagram via Facebook
- You can open the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- Tap “Forgotten Password” in the login menu.
- Pick either “Username” or “e-mail” and enter either your username or the email address you used to create your account.
- Press the “Search” button in the upper right corner.
- Tap the “Renewal” using Facebook.
- If you are not already signed in to Facebook, you will be asked to do so. Instagram will show the account that was most recently linked to your Facebook account and give you the option to create a new password.
Note: This is possible if you previously logged in to your Instagram account using Facebook.
Accessing your Instagram account via email
- You can open the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- Tap the “Forgotten Password” button on the login page.
- Pick either “Username” or “e-mail” and type your username or the email address you used when making your account.
- Press “Search” in the top right corner.
- Tap the “Send Email” button to renew your password.
- To create a new password, tap the link in the password renewal email sent to you by Instagram.
Now Delete the Instagram Account
- Go to the Delete Your Account page from your mobile, pc / laptop. If you are not logged in to Instagram on the website, you will be asked to log in first. You can’t delete your account from the Instagram app.
- Pick an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account? And re-enter your password again. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you have chosen an explanation from the menu.
- Click or tap Delete my account permanently.
2. Report Your Old Account as Fake
Another way to permanently deactivate the Instagram account is to report a fake account, Here is how to do that.
- Go to the profile
- Tap or click on the three dots below the picture of your profile.
- Tap on “suppose to be somebody and choose me” as well, that’s it.
- Well, this one does not permanently erase your account, but it will give you another presence together.
3. Use the Instagram Help Center
The last but not the least choice is to use the Instagram Support Desk to delete the Instagram account without password. Here is the process:
- Open your browser and log in to the Instagram Customer Service Representative page or click here to go.
- Follow the prompts you will be shown to delete your account.
Use any of these three methods to delete your Instagram account without a password and comment below if you were successful in doing that using our article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I delete my Instagram account without knowing my password?
Yes, it’s possible to delete your Instagram account without knowing your password. You can use the email address associated with your account to initiate the account deletion process.
What if I’ve forgotten my Instagram password? Can I still delete my account?
If you’ve forgotten your Instagram password, you can reset it through the “Forgot Password” link on the login page. Once you regain access, you can proceed with deleting your account.
Is there a waiting period to permanently delete my Instagram account?
Yes, Instagram has a 30-day grace period after you initiate the deletion process. During this time, you can change your mind and reactivate your account by simply logging in.
Can someone else delete my Instagram account without my permission?
No, only you can initiate the deletion of your Instagram account. It cannot be deleted by someone else without your consent.
What happens to my data when I delete my Instagram account without a password?
When you delete your Instagram account, your data will be permanently removed from the platform. This includes all photos, videos, comments, and followers associated with your account. Be sure to back up any important data before proceeding with the deletion.