If you want to know how to delete your Stash account or how to cancel Stash subscription, this article will help you by giving 3 different ways to stop Stash from taking money.
Since businesses often choose to keep accepting payments from their customers, there is no choice to close an account directly on the app. If you want to close your account permanently, you can cancel your Stash subscription on the web from your account.
What is Stash
Stash is a micro-investing site that allows users to invest in individual stocks and ETFs. For each of the investments on Stash’s website, fractional share investing begins at 1 cent.
Stash provides “themed” ETFs, such as “Blue Chips” and “Delicious Dividends,” with names like “Blue Chips” and “Delicious Dividends” that make it clear what types of securities are included in the portfolio. Finally, Stash provides “Portfolio Builder” ETF portfolios that are tailored to each investor’s risk tolerance.
You may also get your dividends reinvested automatically across the platform. This feature is available for all of your Stash investment, retirement, and custodial accounts.
However, if you want to know how to delete your Stash account or how to unsubscribe Stash, you should know Stash’s pros and cons before making the decision.
Feeling lonely? Know: How To Activate Facebook Dating.
Pros of Stash
- Helpful automatic saving and investing tools
- Fractional share investing starting at 1 cent
- Portfolio suggestions built to match your risk level
- No trade fees or commissions
Cons of Stash
- A flat monthly fee is on the high side, especially for smaller accounts
- No wealth management services
Should You Cancel Stash Subscription?
Beginner investors who want aid saving more each month should use Stash.
If you can’t find money in your budget per month to invest, your investment options are useless. Stash has resources like Set Schedule, Round Ups, and Smart-Stash that can help you find and spend extra money.
Stash also has a number of tools to help you figure out your risk tolerance, open retirement savings or custodial account, and invest in fractional shares or exchange-traded funds (more on these features below).
Stash provides beginner investors with advice but does not handle their portfolios. Finally, if fractional share investment is your primary target, it’s worth noting that many online brokerages, such as Robinhood, Charles Schwab, and TD Ameritrade, offer this service for free. Each of these brokers also has a robust trading platform that is better suited to active traders.
How to Delete Your Stash Account
There are many ways on how to cancel Stash subscription and here are the best 3 of them:
- Delete Stash Account from Website
- Delete Stash Account from the App
- Delete Your Stash Account by Sending Email [Most Effective Way]
Let’s discuss each of the process in details so that you can get the exact ways on how to delete your Stash account or how to unsubscribe Stash.
1. How Do I Cancel My Stash Subscription from Website
If you want to cancel your Stash membership from website, follow these steps:
- At first, visit the Stash website and sign in with your login information.
- Select your name from the top right corner of the website.
- Click on subscription from the left side of the screen.
- Click Manage from the right of your subscription plan.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Close My Stash for good.
2. How to Delete My Stash Account from App
Follow these steps to delete your Stash account using Stash app:
- Select Home at the bottom of the Stash App.
- Select picture icon on iOS or Hamburger symbol on android from the top left corner.
- Select Subscription and tap on Manage.
- Finally, select Close my Stash for good.
3. How to Delete Your Stash Account by Sending Email
This is the most effective way to delete your Stash account completely. Here’s the way:
- Log in to the email address you used to register with the app or website.
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the email address in the address line.
- Type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT” in the Subject line.
- Send them an email asking that they remove your account from their database as well as any details you may have shared with them.
Here is a sample email to delete stash account:
Stash’s support email address is email@example.com.
Request to have my Stash account deleted
Your message is as follows:
Dear Stash Team,
I’m not planning on using my Stash account anymore, so please remove it from your database forever. Can you please delete my Stash account permanently from your database?
The process of completely closing your Stash account will take anywhere from 72 hours to 10 business days. Also, when you’re ready to close the Stash account, make sure you withdraw or move all of your funds.
Stash primarily aims to make investing accessible to novices. However, there may be a variety of reasons why you want to delete your stash account, the most common of which is the company’s email spamming. So, I hope you found the above article effective on How to Delete Your Stash Account.
Frequently Asked Question about Stash
1. Can you cancel your stash account?
Yes. Please reach out to the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How to unlink my bank account from Stash?
When you’re ready to unlink your bank account, send a message to Stash’s support team asking to remove your bank account.
3. Why can’t I close my Stash Account?
At the moment, Stash’s app does not allow you to cancel your monthly schedule. If you want to close your account, you can do so through your account’s web interface.
4. How do I cancel my Stash subscription?
If you want to end your subscription permanently, you can cancel it from your account on the website. There is no way to close an account directly in the app.
5. What happens if I delete my Stash Account?
All of your savings will be sold until you decide to close your Stash Account. Your money will be refunded to the bank account you previously connected to Stash. This refund will be deposited into your bank account in two business days.