In this quick tutorial, you will learn how to delete YouTube history without account. If you are not signed in to a YouTube account, you may clear both your watch history and your search history from the browser.
You may also love to Read: How to Insert Emojis in YouTube Comments
YouTube is a treasure chest of content, from vlogs to music videos to full-length movies. You can seriously waste hours on the web, and your history will easily fill up with all the videos you’ve viewed.
Although keeping a record of what you’ve viewed on YouTube can often be handy, if you want to re-watch a specific clip at a later date, not everyone is fond of the ability of the platform to monitor and show your viewing history.
You may want to erase your YouTube history on a regular basis if you’re one of these people. Fortunately, it is fast and simple to do this and won’t take more than a few seconds.
Here is how to delete YouTube history without account & with an account for both desktop and mobile version.
How to delete YouTube history on desktop
At first, we want to share the way on how to remove YouTube history on Desktop. Follow below procedure:
- Go to https:/www.youtube.com and make sure that your account is signed in.
- Use the menu on the left-hand side of your screen to press the History button to go to the History page on YouTube.
- Click the ‘Clear All Watch History’ button on the right side of the History page, which will open a pop-up window asking you to confirm that your YouTube history has been removed on all devices that you have signed in to.
- To complete the deletion process, click on “Clear watch history” again.
An X will appear next to it when you mouse over every title in your history. Instead of removing your entire history at once, you can press the button to delete individual videos from your history.
How to delete YouTube history on Android
- On the home screen of your android, find the YouTube icon, and tap to open it.
- In the lower right-hand corner of your YouTube app, press the Library button. The icon will look like a folder with a file.
- Tap the History option on your library folder.
- Look for the three vertically-stacked lines or dots in the upper right corner of your screen, just to the right of the search icon, on the History screen, and press them.
- Under the Background and Privacy header, select “History controls,” then “Clear watch history”.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm that all devices on which you are logged into your account have deleted your YouTube watch history. To complete the deletion process, tap “Clear watch history” again.
Tap the three dots next to any video title and tap “Remove from Watch History.” if you want to remove singular videos from your history instead of removing the whole thing.
How To Delete YouTube Search History On iPhone
- Open the YouTube App on the iPhone.
- Tap the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and press the Search History Clear button.
- For confirmation, press the Clear Search History button again.
How to Delete YouTube History Without Account
This is only possible if you are using a PC so your computer will scan for history, not only can this browser history show you the history of youtube, but also the history of all your surfing.
If you are not logged into your Google account, you can not access your YouTube history. Here is the process on how to delete YouTube history without account:
- Open the browser on your desktop.
- Press the three-dot icon from the top right corner if you are using google chrome.
- Press the History button from the menu.
- You can also press (Ctrl+H) to open the history of your browser.
- Now select “clear browsing data” from the left sidebar.
- If you want to remove the history of an individual video, simply press the three-dot beside the video title and select “remove from history”
- This will remove the history of your YouTube video without logging in to your account.
Pause youtube watch history permanently
In most platforms, you can’t allow YouTube Incognito Mode, but you can do something nearly as good as that: pause your YouTube history before watching something in your history that you don’t like.
This configuration is account-wide, so YouTube can stop remembering videos that you watched on all your computers, iPhone, Android, iPad, website, Roku, smart TV, or something else, assuming that your account on that device is signed into YouTube.
Visit the YouTube website and click on the ‘History’ link on the sidebar to do this through the internet. To the right of your YouTube watch history, click the “Pause Watch History” icon to pause Youtube watch history permanently.
That’s all for the tutorial on how to delete YouTube history without account. If you have any opinion regarding this article, please leave a comment below. You can also read 10 Best Ways to Increase Laptop Battery Life.