If you want to know how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart tv, then you are at the right place. In this article, you will get the complete guide on how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart tv with 3 best and easy ways. You may also love to know: How To Put HBO Max On Roku TV
What is a Third-party application?
Third-party applications are actually apps that are not available in your device’s app store. These are applications created by other developers that have not been officially published on the device’s store by the company. Contrary to common opinion, downloading these apps is not illegal since they are just normal apps downloaded from other websites on the internet (and not the app store).
Why are 3rd Party apps not available on Samsung Smart TV?
The Samsung Smart TV does not have a large app library like the Android TV.
However, the Samsung Smart TV developer has included a well-known application in the Apps section. You can find the App and download it to your TV by searching for it.
Samsung Smart TV is not compatible with common operating systems such as Android TV. The Samsung smart TV app is a different organization designed to provide consumers with a unified experience.
Samsung has made certain that your smart TV comes with a comprehensive entertainment kit. On your Samsung Smart TV, you’ll find the most popular applications, such as Netflix, YouTube, Xfinity, Amazon, and HBO Max.
These applications are easily accessible and are held in a separate software section called “Apps.” When you go to your TV’s “Apps” section, you can see all of the mentioned apps in one folder.
Can I Add 3rd Party Apps to my Samsung Smart TV?
A smart TV is useless if you can’t edit the applications section and add or remove apps as you see fit. You can add the other set of preinstalled apps by going to the “apps” option on your Samsung smart TV’s home screen.
You can download any of the apps on this list or any other third-party software available on the internet. You must determine whether or not the third-party software that will be downloaded is compatible with the TV’s configurations. To complete your downloads, you will also need a computer and an internet connection.
To download the applications, the internet connections on both devices must be the same (IP address must be the same). The 3 methods on how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart tv are covered in depth below.
Do you have an iPad? You may also love to know How To Connect An iPad To A Samsung TV.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV (Using CMD)
Before you can download your preferred third-party app, you must allow two major choices. You must allow both the “developer mode” and the “installation from unknown sources” options.
The following are the steps to enable the developer mode:
- Go to the Samsung Smart Hub from the Settings menu. In this Hub, you must select the “apps” option.
- The TV will ask for a pin to access this segment. Enter the default pin for all Samsung smart TVs. The default pin is 12345.
- The developer mode window will appear. You must enable this feature and enter the IP address of the device from which you will download third-party software.
- The final move is to restart your TV (turn it off and on again).
- The final move is to restart your TV (turn it off and on again).
The steps for accessing the “installation from unknown sources” are as follows:
- Go to the Personal tab in your TV’s settings.
- In this tab, select the “security” option.
- You can allow “unknown sources” in the security option.
- Enabling it will allow you to finally download the apps you like.
Now that the prerequisites are out of the way, you can finally investigate the various methods available to you for downloading these third-party applications. The first method is to import using your computer’s command prompt. The measures are as follows:
- Get your IP address from your smart TV’s network settings. Make a note of it because you will need to enter it into the command prompt.
- There are numerous websites that include high-quality APK apps. Choose the best website for you and download your app’s APK version from any online source.
- Launch the command prompt from the search bar on your Windows screen. By right-clicking on the name, you can make it an administrator.
- Run the command adb connect ABC.XYZ.w.mno. The letters match your TV’s IP address. Enter the one you just copied from the network settings. Following this order, your machine will be linked to your TV via Wi-Fi. Run the command install C\app.apk. In this case, the “C” drive was used to download the initial APK app. You must enter the drive where you downloaded your APK version. Give it some time, and your app will be downloaded to your TV.
- You can disconnect using ADB disconnect (enter IP address here).
- Locate your latest app on your Smart Hub.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV (Using USB)
The second method is to use a USB drive to install apps. Examine the steps below to determine How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart Tv with this method:
- Download the APK file from your preferred website. Save the file to your computer/PC. Make sure that it is a “.apk” file.
- Copy this file to the USB drive you’ll be using. Plug in this USB drive to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Use the standard methods to access the USB drive. Enter its files and directories and check to see if your APK file is present.
- Click on it to install the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of this app.
- After the installation process is complete, the app will be available in your Smart Hub.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV (Using Web Browser)
If your TV has a browser, you can also directly download the 3rd party APK file to your Samsung smart TV. This method does not necessitate the use of a computer. The following are the steps to directly download an APK file:
- Look for a website that allows you to download and open APK files in your browser.
- Look for and pick the app you want to use.
- After selecting it in your browser, download the app. Allow it to download, and then click on it again to install the software.
- To finish the installation, follow the directions on the TV.
How to Install Google Play on Samsung Smart TV
Many users who have used the Android TV OS prefer the Tizen OS on the Samsung Smart TV; hence, all of these third-party apps are very common among Samsung Smart TV users. Samsung users, on the other hand, should rejoice because they can run Google Play from the company’s own app store. Follow the steps below to gain access to the listings:
- Open the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV from the home screen.
- From this tab, select the “Samsung Apps” option to see all of the apps available on your TV that you can “officially” download.
- To install the “Google Play” app on your TV, search for it and pick it.
- From the home screen of your Samsung Smart TV, you can now access this app and watch rented and purchased movies.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV [Older Version]
The Smart Hub on older Samsung Smart TVs, such as the 2011 or 2012 models, allows users to download applications like Netflix directly from the shop. However, the older models, like the newer edition, were based on Tizen OS and had the same limitations. To get around these limitations, you can use the same methods outlined in this article to download third-party software on your older TVs.
The only thing you need to be concerned about are the positions of various options such as “developer mode” and “unknown sources.” They can be found in the menu option on several remotes of Samsung Smart TVs from that time span. To learn how to uninstall software on an older version of the Samsung Smart TV, follow the steps below:
- On your older Samsung Smart TV, navigate to the menu options and look for the “developer mode” and “unknown sources” options. To access the developer mode under the apps option, you must navigate through the various options.
- Then, using an APK website, obtain the older version that is compatible with your older television. While you’re testing these settings, make sure the app will work on your TV’s Android edition.
- To finish installing the desired third-party app on your TV, use one of the three methods mentioned above.
Watch this video if you face any problem with How To Install 3rd Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV [Older Version].
Samsung Smart TV models 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2020 are all capable of installing TV apps. You can find the App in the Apps section, or you can use the Smart Hub application to see the most recent App on your Smart TV.
The above-mentioned procedure for installing the App on the TV will assist you in downloading and accessing your preferred App. Take advantage of your Samsung Smart TV’s entertainment capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I install 3rd party apps on my Samsung Smart TV?
You can install 3rd party apps on your Samsung TV by enabling “Unknown Sources” in the settings, downloading the APK file of the app, and then using a USB drive or a third-party app store to install it.
Is it safe to install 3rd party apps on my Samsung TV?
Installing 3rd party apps carries some risk. Ensure you download apps from reputable sources and be cautious to avoid malware. Always use official app stores when possible.
Can I install apps that are not available on the Samsung App Store?
Yes, you can. By sideloading apps using the APK files, you can install apps that are not officially listed on the Samsung App Store.
Does my Samsung Smart TV model support 3rd party app installations?
Most modern Samsung Smart TVs support the installation of 3rd party apps. However, the availability of this feature may vary depending on your TV’s model and operating system.
What is the easiest way to install 3rd party apps on my Samsung TV?
The easiest way is to use an alternative app store like Aptoide TV or manually install apps via a USB drive. Ensure you have the necessary permissions enabled in your TV settings.