If you don’t know how to put HBO Max on Roku TV, then this article will help you with the 5 best and easy processes on how to install HBO Max on Roku TV.
HBO Max is still not available directly on Roku or Amazon’s Fire TV streaming devices, more than two months after its launch, due to contractual disagreements between the companies.
For the time being, Roku and Fire TV continue to endorse the newly renamed HBO app for legacy HBO Now users, and both continue to sell HBO through their channel stores. However, you would not have access to the extended menu of content available on HBO Max, which has twice the programming.
Although WarnerMedia negotiates HBO Max deals with the platforms, there are many workarounds that will allow you to stream HBO Max on your HDTV right now — without having to wait for the companies to reach an agreement.
Other network partners that offer HBO Max include Apple’s iOS, Apple TV, and Apple TV Channels; Google’s Android, Android TV, and Chromecast; Samsung TVs; Xbox One; and PlayStation 4. You can also watch it live on the website.
Moreover, if you have an iPad and a Samsung tv, you can also use these devices to stream HBO Max. Read How To Connect An iPad To A Samsung TV. However, let’s know how to how to put HBO Max on Roku TV step by step.
Step 1: update to Roku OS 9.3 or Above
To use HBO Max on Roku, you must have a Roku system running Roku OS 9.3 or higher. If that doesn’t work, try updating your Roku by the following steps.
- Start your Roku device by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select the Settings choice from the menu.
- Select Systems from the Settings menu.
- Scroll all the way down to System Updates.
- Click on Check Now to begin manually searching for updates.
- If an update is available, install and update it by following the prompts.
How to Put HBO Max on Roku TV [OS 9.3 or Above]
You will be needed Roku OS 9.3 or above to install HBO Max on Roku. If you have Roku OS lower than 9.3, just follow the above step to update it or follow the next article to know how to use HBO Max on Roku OS lower than 9.3.
If you have Roku OS 9.3 or above, follow the following steps to put HBO Max on Roku tv.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Select the search option from the menu.
- Using the virtual keyboard, look for HBO Max.
- To add HBO Max from the Roku channel store, click Add channel.
- Wait a few seconds for the channel to be added.
- Select by clicking on Navigate to the channel to start HBO Max.
- Sign in using your HBO Max subscription account.
- Start watching all the content available on HBO Max.
How to update to HBO Max on Roku
If you already have an HBO subscription — whether via HBO Now or HBO Go — Roku can update the app and you’ll have HBO Max on your device. If you don’t, you’ll have to push the update:
- Pick the HBO app with your Roku remote but do not launch it.
- On the remote, press the Star button.
- Select “Check for updates.”
- After a brief moment, the HBO app on Roku should be replaced by HBO Max.
How to Put HBO Max on Roku TV [OS below 9.3]
HBO Max cannot be added to Roku prior to version 9.3. Screen mirroring from your smartphone or PC to your Roku computer is possible with those devices. Before you begin screen mirroring on Roku, make the following checks.
- Connect your Roku system to an HDMI port or switch on your Roku TV.
- Ascertain that both the Roku device and the mirroring device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and set the screen mirroring mode to Prompt/Always Allow.
How to Use HBO Max on Roku via Smartphone
To know how to put HBO Max on Roku using your android or iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open your Android/iOS device’s Play Store/App Store.
- On your mobile, download and install HBO Max.
- Launch the app and sign in using your HBO Max account.
- In the top right corner of the page, click the cast button.
- Now, from the list, choose your Roku unit.
- Now you can watch all of your favorite movies and TV shows on Roku from your Android device.
How to Install HBO Max on Roku via Computer
To know how to put HBO Max on Roku using your computer, follow the steps below:
- Open your start menu by clicking on the start icon and select Settings.
- Choose System Settings.
- Under the system settings panel, select display.
Note: To view display settings, type display settings into the Windows search box.
- Scroll down until you see the Connect to Wireless display.
- Choose your Roku computer from the list, and your screen will be cast to Roku.
- If the system is attached, launch your PC’s browser.
- In your browser, go to the HBO Max Official Site and sign in with your HBO Max account.
- Begin watching your favorite movies or TV shows, and they will be cast to your Roku screen.
Other Methods to Watch HBO Max on TV
Using HDMI Connection
Actually, you don’t even need a Roku or Fire TV to use this tool, though it is a little clumsy.
To connect a compatible device, smartphone, or tablet to an HDTV, all you need is an HDMI cable (male to male). You will almost certainly need an extra adapter for mobile devices (for example, an Apple Digital AV adapter is required to connect an iPad or iPhone to HDMI).
Connect them and — presto! What’s the catch? If you have a PC with a wireless mouse, you’ll have to launch a title and monitor playback from the screen of the laptop connected to the TV.
Using AirPlay Wireless Streaming to TVs
This, like the HDMI-connection alternative, does not necessitate the use of Roku or Fire TV. Apple’s patented AirPlay 2 wireless AV protocol, on the other hand, is limited to a few applications.
Select the AirPlay icon in the video you want to play on TV from a recent-model iPhone, iPad, or Mac, then select a compatible device from the menu (which must be on the same Wi-Fi network). AirPlay 2 is currently supported on Apple TV set-top boxes as well as select models of LG, Samsung, Sony, and Vizio smart televisions.
You may also love to Read: How To Hide Location On IPhone- 5 Best Ways.
These are some methods on how to put HBO Max on Roku TV. When the app is officially released on the Roku channel store, simply add it to your Roku device. Until then, you can watch HBO Max by following the instructions in the article above. If you have any questions, please leave a message.