If you are searching for how to turn off Facebook Dating profile, and don’t know how to do that, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to give you the complete process of how to turn off Facebook dating profile.
Facebook Dating is Facebook’s answer to location-based dating services like Tinder and Bumble.
When you create a Facebook Dating profile, your name, age, and the pages and groups you like are carried over to help make a unique dating profile.
If you’ve created a Facebook Dating profile, you may find at some point that you want to delete it. Maybe you’ve found that you like another dating app better, or maybe you’ve found that dating apps aren’t for you altogether — or maybe it’s the complete opposite, and you’ve found someone you really like and you don’t need the app anymore.
If you haven’t any Facebook Dating profile and you want to join, follow our complete guide to Activate your Facebook Dating profile. However, if you want to know how to turn off Facebook Dating profile, it isn’t too difficult. Let’s know the process.
How to Turn Off Facebook Dating Profile
Here are the steps to delete Facebook dating profile.
- On your iPhone or Android device, launch the Facebook app.
- To open a menu, tap the three horizontal bars at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Dating.”
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- At the top of the Settings menu, on the right, press the “General” tab.
- Select “Delete Profile” from the “Account” menu.
- Enter a justification for deleting your profile if desired, then press “Next.”
- Instead of completely deleting your profile, you will be asked to “Take a Break.”
If you choose “Take a Break,” your profile will not be deleted — so you can retain some old matches and conversations — but it will be hidden from the app. You can deactivate this option and restore full functionality to your account at any time.
- Select “Delete Profile” if you want to fully delete your profile and all data associated with it.
- Confirm your desire to delete your profile.
This is how you can delete or take a break from your Facebook dating profile. If you face any problems, please let us know through the comment section.