Samsung TV Plus offers access to various channels without any subscription fee. However, several users have reported to us to fix their Samsung TV plus not working issue.
We have found several reasons why Samsung TV Plus not available or working correctly on your Samsung TV. Network interruption, wrong settings, corrupted cache data, backdated software, Smart Hub issues, and more are among them. Any of these problems, or a combination, can keep you from watching your favorite TV shows on Samsung TV Plus.
A quick fix for Samsung TV Plus not working on your TV is to uninstall and reinstall the app. You can also delete the cache and app data and restart the app.
Most of the time, reinstalling the app will fix the issue. If you still face the problem with the Samsung TV Plus app, read the possible reasons and 10 best troubleshooting to resolve the issue.
why is my Samsung tv plus not working
Here are 5 significant reasons why your Samsung TV Plus app is not working properly or has stopped working on your TV:
- Too slow internet connection
- Trouble in network settings
- Backdated software package
- Corrupted cache data
- An issue with the smart hub settings
If these are the reasons for your interruption in watching Samsung TV Plus, don’t worry because you can fix the Samsung TV Plus Not available or working issue quickly by following the next paragraph.
Related Topic: How To Fix Horizontal Lines On Samsung LED TV Screen
Fixes for Samsung TV Plus App Not Working Problem
The problem with the Samsung TV Plus down can be solved by following some troubleshooting methods. At first, you have to find out the reason and take action accordingly. Here are the best solutions that may relieve you by solving your problem with Samsung TV Plus.
1. Check the Internet Connection
To perform correctly, Samsung TV Plus requires a fast and dependable network like any other app or service on your Smart TV. As a result, you may encounter problems or discover that Samsung TV Plus is unavailable due to a network issue. To fix the issue:
- The first step in determining the issue is to examine your network connection. To verify that the speed and bandwidth are robust, fast, and dependable, test them. You can use fast.com or speedtest.net to test your internet speed.
- If it is the issue, bring the TV and Wi-Fi router closer together or use an Ethernet connection to connect your device. The network settings can also be reset.
- If you face poor internet and still can’t get access to Samsung TV Plus, contact your internet service provider for help or try a different network.
2. Clear Samsung TV Plus App Data
To reset the Samsung TV Plus app, you can also try deleting the app’s data.
The steps provided can be used to complete the process.
- Launch the Settings menu.
- Select Support > Device Care.
- Go to Manage Storage.
- Look for the Samsung TV Plus app and click view details.
- Press Clear Data.
- Press OK to confirm. Then Restart the TV.
Remember that clearing app data will remove all the history and data from the app. Instantaneously, the app will refresh.
3. Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV
Samsung TV Plus can be affected by various issues, including app bugs, software glitches, menu issues, image, and audio abnormalities, etc. However, most of these issues are trivial and may be resolved by rebooting your television.
Power cycling of your Samsung smart tv can help to solve Samsung TV Plus not working issue. Here is the process:
- Unplug and turn off your Samsung Smart TV.
- Unplug your router or modem as well.
- Allow at least one minute to elapse before proceeding.
- Now is the time to connect your Smart TV.
- The identical method should be followed for your router and modem.
- Turn on your television to see if the problem still exists.
4. Resetting the DNS
Is your network up and running, but your Samsung TV plus won’t connect to the internet? It’s possible that you’re dealing with a problem with your internet settings. DNS settings are the most prevalent, and if they are corrupted, they can prevent access to the internet.
Automatic IP address and DNS settings are available on every Samsung Smart TV, and in most cases, they will work flawlessly.
However, the automatic settings may occasionally fail to resolve the TV plus addresses, resulting in internet connectivity issues. In this scenario, entering manual settings can assist in resolving the problem and restoring connectivity.
Most people who were having difficulty with connectivity could resolve the issue by manually updating their DNS settings to Google’s DNS (184.108.40.206).
After entering the new settings, a restart is recommended, which involves disconnecting the TV plug from the wall and then inserting it again.
To modify the DNS settings on a Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- On your remote control, press the Menu button.
- Select Network and then Network Status.
- Go to IP Settings.
- Select the DNS Settings option.
- Change it from Automatically to Enter manually.
- Fill up your new DNS information in the DNS box (which is 220.127.116.11 in this case)
- Select OK and then restart your Samsung TV.
5. Reinstalling the Samsung TV Plus App
If you want to watch a number of channels on your Samsung Smart TV for free, you have to install the app from the official website. You may face Samsung TV plus not working issue if you install the app from a third-party website.
If you have installed the app from a third-party location or the app is not working properly, uninstall the app and download as well as install it from the verified website of Samsung. Then try to open the app like before and hope your problem with the app will be solved.
6. Update Samsung TV to Latest Software
Samsung Smart TV relies on software to function correctly, which must be maintained up to date. Outdated software can affect apps, settings, and other device functionality.
As a result, if you face Samsung TV Plus not working or you have other service problems, the possible reason may be the outdated operating system of your TV.
Here’s how to update the software on your Samsung Smart TV, which will help you to stream the Samsung TV plus properly:
- Select Support in the Settings menu.
- Click the Software Update option.
- Choose Update Now. Allow a few minutes for the software to download and install on your television (if an update is available for you)
- Make sure you are connected to the internet during the software update.
- When the update is finished, your TV will restart automatically. You can now try your luck with Samsung TV Plus.
7. Resetting Samsung Smart Hub
The Smart Hub is where you can manage all of your Samsung TV’s smart capabilities. A problem with Smart Hub could affect apps on your Samsung TV.
For example, if the Samsung TV Plus isn’t showing up, it could be because the Hub has flaws or incorrect settings. In this scenario, resetting the Smart Hub may be helpful in resolving Samsung TV plus problem.
To reset the Samsung TV Smart Hub, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings using the remote and choose Support.
- Choose Self-diagnosis.
- Select Reset Samsung Smart Hub
- Enter your PIN when asked. Your default PIN is 0000 if you haven’t changed it.
- Wait for the Hub to reset and then restart your Samsung TV.
Resetting the Hub will sign you out of your Samsung TV account and any apps or channels you have installed on the platform.
As a result, you’ll have to perform specific customizations, which will most likely entail downloading and installing some apps from scratch. Be aware that some of your data or settings may be lost.
8. Disable IPv6
IPv6 is enabled by default on Samsung’s more recent smart TV models. For those who don’t know, IPv6 is a variant of the internet protocol that maintains the security of your connection.
With services like Netflix and even Samsung TV Plus, IPv6 has also been known to cause several connectivity problems. You can check if turning it off resolves your issue with Samsung TV Plus. We advise you to return to the previous setting for an additional layer of security if disabling IPv6 doesn’t solve the problem.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Network on your Samsung TV.
- Disable IPv6 by selecting Expert Settings.
- Reboot your TV and check whether the problem still exists or has been fixed.
9. Set the Correct Date and Time
After adjusting the date and time, you may quickly resolve the Samsung TV Plus down problem. To achieve that, take the following actions:
- Access Settings, then choose the General tab.
- Select Time from System Manager.
- Choose Clock, then set the Clock mode to Manual.
- Set the time and date on the TV appropriately.
- Check whether the app is still having the same issues.
10. Reset Samsung TV to Factory Default
If you’ve done everything else and still can’t fix Samsung TV plus not working issue, a factory reset is your next best option. The reset clears everything from the TV, including saved memory and settings, and returns it to factory defaults.
This will repair nearly every problem with your Samsung TV, but it will come at a cost: you will lose all of your saved settings and data.
To do a factory reset on your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings option using the remote.
- Go to Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset to obtain the reset option.
- Please enter your PIN. 0000 is the default one. If you’ve updated your PIN, make sure you input it correctly.
- Choose OK.
- When a pop-up window displays alerting you of a factory reset, select Yes.
- Wait for your television to reset properly. Don’t plug it out.
- Your TV will display the Setup screen once the reset is complete. After you’ve completed the setup and configuring, you can try to access Samsung TV Plus.
Samsung TV Plus gives you access to additional channels and programs without having to pay extra. However, due to the fact that the service is new, it is prone to a few bugs that may interfere with your viewing experience.
Fortunately, using our guidelines, you can easily fix Samsung TV plus not working issue. If the problem persists, you can seek extra assistance from the Samsung Customer Support Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my Samsung TV Plus to work?
If you face Samsung TV Plus down or not working issue, you can try reinstalling the app, clearing app data, checking the internet connection and turning of and on the TV.
How can I access the Samsung TV Plus app?
As soon as your Samsung Smart TV is turned on, you can open the Samsung TV Plus app directly from the home screen. To access and browse the app, use the TV remote. To access and explore the app’s content, click the OK button.
How do I reset my Samsung TV Plus?
If you want the reset the Samsung TV plus app data, go to Settings> Support > Device care > Manage storage. Then look for Samsung TV plus, select View details and press Clear data.
How do I install Samsung TV Plus?
You don’t need to install Samsung TV Plus because it is already preinstalled on your tv. If you cannot find the app, that means your TV is older than 2016 version.
You may also Read: